The CodeNEXT petition (click on this link==>) — PETITION FOR AN AUSTIN ORDINANCE REQUIRING BOTH A WAITING PERIOD AND VOTER APPROVAL!!! (Note: only Austin voters can sign and must do so on paper. Online petitions are not an option in Texas for ballot access petitions.)
IndyAustin, a new citizens specific purpose political action committee, is now carrying three petitions calling for a public vote on:
COUNT ‘EM, Y’ALL — PETITIONS 1…2 AND 3!
- A public vote for Right to Referendum: the ultimate boondoggle buster! (link here)
- A public vote on a new sign ordinance – don’t let Austin get caught in the sign wars (link here)
- A public vote on CodeNEXT, a massive overhaul of Austin’s land development code favoring land speculation (read: more unaffordability!), again, click here for the CodeNEXT petition
Please start getting signatures from ONLY AUSTIN VOTERS on any or all of these petitions!
Just a quick heads up that our press conference to announce the Referendum and CodeNEXT petitions is this coming Thursday, Sept. 14th, at 2:30 pm at City Hall. Please plan to be there and bring your own homemade sign.
Today, Saturday, September 9th, we hope to see you at either of these events:
- Community Not Commodity Event on CodeNEXT TODAY, 1:30 pm! Details here.
- We’re petitioning at Little Woodrows 10th Anniversary Celebration at Southpark Meadows today from 3 to 6 pm. Pick up petitions and join in the fun. They’ve got dunkin’ booths and all kinds of silliness planned. Details here.
Who the heck is IndyAustin? Go to our About page and please like IndyAustin on Facebook here.
We will announce our office opening very soon!
Yes, of course we need money — PLEASE DONATE!
Let Austin decide, y’all!
PS See our petition wagon (“The Papoose”)? Invite us to roll right over to your community to get on the petition wagon!